The Sussexes are said to be in a bind: The Palace has Prinz Harry (38) and Duchess Meghan (41) officially to the crowning glory from King Charles (74) invited. Whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have lived in the United States since 2020, will actually travel to Great Britain for the event in May has not been confirmed. According to the Daily Mail, a royal expert has now explained that the royal dropouts are facing a 'dilemma'.
On the one hand, Harry and Meghan reportedly want the royal family to take responsibility for what the two 'have been through.' At the same time, Richard Fitzwilliams, 73, said the Sussexes 'won't dare stay away from the king's coronation' because it would make them seem 'irrelevant'.
The expert told the Mail Online: 'It was always clear that King Charles would invite Harry and Meghan to the coronation. He considers this important as a symbol of national unity.” However, their answer is uncertain and “presents them with an acute dilemma”: On the one hand, Charles' son and his wife want talks with high-ranking royals and that they take responsibility for the problems , which the Sussexes are said to have had while working for the palace. 'They believe the royal family, along with the press, tried to exile them. You want an apology. You won't get them.'
The royal expert added, according to the report, that Harry and Meghan have contracts with Netflix, Spotify and Random House. 'They only have them because they are members of the royal family.' If they don't attend a big event like the coronation, it has a negative effect, says the expert. That's what makes the Sussexes' dilemma so Fitzwilliams. If they don't go to the coronation, they risk appearing irrelevant. Polls in America have already shown that their popularity is falling. Prince Harry and his wife had made serious allegations against his family in his autobiography 'Reserve' (original title 'Spare'), a Netflix documentary and a series of interviews.
Nevertheless, Meghan and Harry have now been officially invited to Charles's coronation on May 6, as Roya Nikkhah, Royal Editor of The Sunday Times, wrote on Twitter over the weekend. A spokesman for the Sussexes confirmed this.
After all, the two probably have a place to stay if they travel to England for the event. According to the Daily Mail, they can still live in Frogmore Cottage. It was recently confirmed that the couple would have to leave their official home in England. The British tabloid The Sun had previously reported that King Charles had allegedly made the decision to take the Sussexes' property away from Harry as early as January, a few days after the publication of Harry's autobiography. The couple, who have been married since 2018 and have two children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, have lived in Montecito, California, since 2020.
spot on news/tmasource: vip.de