Edward Fitzalan-Howard lost his driver's license. the Duke of Norfolk, who had just organized the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022), lost his driver's license. The 65-year-old is said to have been stopped by the police when he drove through a red light at a traffic light. But it gets worse.
Because the Duke is said not only to have ignored the red light, he also made phone calls while driving. According to the BBC, Edward Fitzalan-Howard has pleaded guilty to driving while using a mobile phone in Battersea, south-west London, in April.
During the check, the police noticed that the duke had used his mobile phone. He then admitted to talking to his wife on the phone. On September 26, the court ruled that the 65-year-old, who had previously collected a number of points for driving too fast, must now surrender his driver's license. In addition to the driving ban, the Duke of Norfolk still has to pay a fine of 1,200 pounds (equivalent to 1,346 euros).
His lawyers had previously hoped the ban would not be enforced due to Fitzalan-Howard's involvement in organizing the coronation of King Charles III (73) is clamped, which could take place next spring. However, the court recognized the circumstances as not sufficient for lifting the ban.
Reading tips: Why this photo of King Charles III. is so special
The Duke is responsible for organizing the major ceremonies at the British court and Parliament in England. Most recently, he organized the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022). (spot on news / csp)source: vip.de